It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 15:57

Corkscrew kits

The place to find and post anything related to the world of spinning wood at ridiculously high speeds!

Corkscrew kits

Postby Andyp » 08 Aug 2022, 17:05

Am I dreaming?
It has been quite a few years since I last did this and being as my daughter, soon off to Uni, asked me to make her a bar set I thought I would make her one.
Problem is getting the metal corkscrew into the turned handle. I think I remember a gadget that slotted inside the corkscew that enable one to hold it tight while screwing into the handle.
However I cant find it and with the little interweb access I have at the moment I have not found any reference to such a gadget. Am I misremembering? Does such a thing exist? Can I get one? How do tou install your corkscrews into the handle without damaging the screw?
Kits came from Axminster, probably.

Adv-thanks-ance
I do not think therefore I do not am.

cheers
Andy
Andyp
Petrified Pine

Name: Andy

Re: Corkscrew kits

Postby Woodbloke » 08 Aug 2022, 17:25

This is probably what you're looking for Andy. I seems that there's a widget thingie that's epoxied(?) into the handle and the corkscrew itself then screws into the widget - Rob
I no longer work for Axminster Tools & Machinery.
Woodbloke
Sequoia

Name:

Re: Corkscrew kits

Postby Andyp » 11 Aug 2022, 12:15

I didn't realise the corkscrew in my box of bits was actually in two pieces

AD8F3BC4-9741-4284-B31E-87E363C0A7BF.jpeg
(236.58 KiB)

Once separated the small bit it is still not easy to screw into the hole as there is nothing to get hold of. It could no with an allen key shaped hole in the exposed end. Anyway it’s epoxied in now.
I do not think therefore I do not am.

cheers
Andy
Andyp
Petrified Pine

Name: Andy

Return to Turning (Wood or any other material you fancy)