It is currently 17 Jan 2022, 04:27

"Traditional" router table

This is where we don't want anything but evidence of your finest wood butchering in all its glorious, and photograph laden glory. Bring your finished products or WIP's, we love them all, so long as there's pictures, and plenty of 'em!

Re: "Traditional" router table

Postby Phil » 15 Jan 2022, 12:22

Ok, I just woke up and had a better look at your pics. :oops: :oops:

I see the pipe fitted at the back.
We don't stop woodworking because we grow old, we grow old because we stop woodworking!

https://www.instagram.com/phil_pretoria/
Phil
Old Oak

Name: Phil

Postby NickM » Yesterday, 09:17

Phil wrote:Ok, I just woke up and had a better look at your pics. :oops: :oops:

I see the pipe fitted at the back.

The fence has a pretty good dust extraction on it.

I was just thinking of making a hole in the back of the router compartment and making a 4” fitting (3D printed probably) for my dust extractor. I think I’ll just have a hose which splits into two with one going to the fence and one to the router compartment.
NickM
Nordic Pine

Name:

Postby Phil » Yesterday, 09:54

It looks like a good fence, and also good to fit the dust extraction.

An old colleague (he supplied the magazine with the plans) also built the table and retro fitted the extraction to his fence. I might look at that as well.

NickM wrote:I was just thinking of making a hole in the back of the router compartment and making a 4” fitting (3D printed probably) for my dust extractor. I think I’ll just have a hose which splits into two with one going to the fence and one to the router compartment.

First have a look and see how much dust gets into the compartment, might not be worth it.
We don't stop woodworking because we grow old, we grow old because we stop woodworking!

https://www.instagram.com/phil_pretoria/
Phil
Old Oak

Name: Phil

Previous

Return to Projects & WIP