It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 18:42

take your pick, the final.

This is where we don't want anything but evidence of your finest wood butchering in all its glorious, and photograph laden glory. Bring your finished products or WIP's, we love them all, so long as there's pictures, and plenty of 'em!

take your pick, the final.

Postby sunnybob » 18 Jun 2021, 14:37

This build fought me like no other, but I dont take prisoners, so its finally ready for delivery. 8-)

You might need sunglasses though. And laying down seems to required as well (its right way up on mine).

IMG_3237.jpeg
(159.57 KiB)
my wood projects are here https://pbase.com/sunnybob
sunnybob
Old Oak

Name:

Re: take your pick, the final.

Postby novocaine » 18 Jun 2021, 14:50

shame you are half way round the world (ok not really but you get what I mean), else I'd have done you some fancy vinyls for the numbers.

Looks good.

I'm still to young to remember it. :lol:
Carbon fibre is just corduroy for cars.
novocaine
Old Oak

Name: Dave

Postby 9fingers » 18 Jun 2021, 15:01

I just happen to have lots of PCS on at the momnet and your photois the right way up in win xp, win7 win10 and my phone so you're good to go!
Nice job too! Take bunny open the fox or something like that.
Bob
Information on induction motors here
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dBTVXx ... sp=sharing
Email:motors@minchin.org.uk
9fingers
Petrified Pine

Location: Romsey Hampshire between Southampton and the New Forest
Name: Bob

Postby TrimTheKing » 18 Jun 2021, 15:07

9fingers wrote:I just happen to have lots of PCS on at the momnet and your photois the right way up in win xp, win7 win10 and my phone so you're good to go!

I saw the pic as soon as Bob posted and I rotated it immediately.
Cheers
Mark
TrimTheKing
Site Admin

Name: Mark

Postby 9fingers » 18 Jun 2021, 15:10

TrimTheKing wrote:
9fingers wrote:I just happen to have lots of PCS on at the momnet and your photois the right way up in win xp, win7 win10 and my phone so you're good to go!

I saw the pic as soon as Bob posted and I rotated it immediately.

Have you got a simple instant way of rotating other than screen capture/rotate/upload Mark?

Bob
Information on induction motors here
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dBTVXx ... sp=sharing
Email:motors@minchin.org.uk
9fingers
Petrified Pine

Location: Romsey Hampshire between Southampton and the New Forest
Name: Bob

Postby TrimTheKing » 18 Jun 2021, 15:12

Nope, I just click on the pic to expand, right click, save, rotate, save, upload.
Cheers
Mark
TrimTheKing
Site Admin

Postby sunnybob » 18 Jun 2021, 15:59

Mark, is it a portrait / landscape command on the forum software? My 20 year old canon DSLR never gets it wrong. But this one was portrait rather than the usual landcape.

Dave this thing just didnt want to get finished. After many setbacks the last stage was numbering, so I bought the stick on vinyl numbers, and couldnt get them off the backing. I thought they might be water transfers (are you old enough to remember them?) I ruined two before deciding they werent. Then I tried picking the black number off. Ruined another.
Finally realised the whole rectangle came off the backing paper, clear with the black number in place.
THEN I realised the number 5 was taller than the rest, and the 1 is taller than the 2 and 3.
W.T.F.????

But I'm ok with it, After all its a stage prop, used in a dimly lit entertainment bar, so nobodys going to measure the numbers with a vernier. :eusa-naughty:
Now I just have to get them pay for it. it might be in a years free meals voucher though. :lol: 8-)
sunnybob
Old Oak

Name:

Postby TrimTheKing » 18 Jun 2021, 16:01

sunnybob wrote:Mark, is it a portrait / landscape command on the forum software? My 20 year old canon DSLR never gets it wrong. But this one was portrait rather than the usual landcape.

Honestly, I don't know what the issue is other than being old forum software and it's starting to struggle with newer devices and the way the EXIF data (the information embedded into digital images to tell you everything about it) is written. I've given up trying to fix it, I'm building a new version of the forum in the background and that will be the latest version so the issue should go away then, as well as making uploading photos much simpler.
Cheers
Mark
TrimTheKing
Site Admin

Postby Andyp » 18 Jun 2021, 16:45

Job's a good un Bob. Is there a reason for the number sequence? I am too young to remember the TV show
I do not think therefore I do not am.

cheers
Andy
Andyp
Petrified Pine

Name: Andy

Postby sunnybob » 18 Jun 2021, 17:38

The original show, in the 50's only had 10 boxes in a numerical pyramid.

This one is to the order of the purchaser to his specification (including the colour scheme :shock: ).
He didnt want the numbers in order, so I used a random number generator.
The gold box 13 (star prize) key is hidden inside one of the other boxes, so the bidding war can go on twice as long.
It was a hugely popular program back then, and this guy is a good entertainer, putting on quite big name shows at weekends, so it might be a popular feature of the restaurants entertainment program.
sunnybob
Old Oak

Name:

Postby sunnybob » 19 Jun 2021, 15:52

He collected it today, looked and sounded happy enough. paid in full with no haggling (blessed relief) 8-) 8-)

Now to wait and see if its a success. :eusa-whistle:

He said that his quiz nights had dropped off because so many families had been quizzing with their UK families on zoom and suchlike. hence the new game.
He also commented that he knew several UK families that were heading back to the UK, purely because brexit had made it that much harder travelling between the two countries. My first visitors since the dirty deed was done are due next month, it will be interesting to see if there are extra difficulties.
sunnybob
Old Oak

Name:

Return to Projects & WIP