It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 18:02

It’s getting closer

Hang up your Chisels and Plane blades and take a load off with a recently turned goblet of your favourite poison, in the lounge of our Gentlemen's (and ladies) Club.

Re: It’s getting closer

Postby 9fingers » 02 Jan 2022, 15:14

TrimTheKing wrote:Just to be clear Bob, I am using the nose & throat tests, but only putting them in my nose.

I tested negative the day before using one of the specific nasal only tests, but then positive the following day using nose/throat and doing both elements.

It's only since testing positive that I've been using the nose/throat tests but only doing the nose part. I'm now 100% conclusive across three tests. Will be interesting to see when I finally stop showing as positive, then I will do another one in both nose & throat and see what that shows...

Thanks for the clarifications
Bob
Information on induction motors here
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dBTVXx ... sp=sharing
Email:motors@minchin.org.uk
9fingers
Petrified Pine

Location: Romsey Hampshire between Southampton and the New Forest
Name: Bob

Postby 9fingers » 02 Jan 2022, 15:19

A further tip for anyone having trouble ordering tests online.
Try first thing in the morning as the website seems to allocate new stocks as available each day that tend to be all taken by early afternoon.
This has worked for several friends and family over the last few days.
I got an order accepted around 8 am this morning.
Bob
9fingers
Petrified Pine

Postby RogerS » 02 Jan 2022, 17:23

In the early days, I paid for a private nasal test. Early days it was. I didn't have any problem fortunately but nearly fainted when he told me afterwards just how far he'd gone up my nasal passage. About 3". :o

1" is for wussies ! :lol:
If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door.
RogerS
Petrified Pine

Name:

Postby Lurker » 03 Jan 2022, 14:07

I don’t like wasting anything.
Attachments
8A8F9D08-5077-490C-B0C3-4F78D768CDBF.jpeg
(293.36 KiB)
Lurker
Old Oak

Name:

Postby RogerM » 03 Jan 2022, 15:17

:?: Fishing float? :idea:
RogerM
Nordic Pine

Name: Roger

Postby Lurker » 03 Jan 2022, 16:08

:text-yeahthat:
Lurker
Old Oak

Name:

Postby droogs » 11 Jan 2022, 12:26

Well, in accordance with a letter I received last week from my local NHS, just been and received my 4th vaccine jab.
droogs
Old Oak

Name: Alan

Postby 9fingers » 11 Jan 2022, 12:32

droogs wrote:Well, in accordance with a letter I received last week from my local NHS, just been and received my 4th vaccine jab.

Good to see they are on the ball looking after those with significant health issues (that are hopefully improving!)

Not sure if SWMBO with Lupus and suppressed immune system will need no 4 but 3 jabs prevented her catching covid from our son who had it just before Christmas so maybe she won't need it.

Bob
9fingers
Petrified Pine

Postby Andyp » 11 Jan 2022, 13:02

Awful lot of asymptomatic positive tests causing no end of close contact issues at the schools around here at the moment. Chemists are running out of the self test kits.
I do not think therefore I do not am.

cheers
Andy
Andyp
Petrified Pine

Name: Andy

Postby droogs » 11 Jan 2022, 23:25

well, pfizzer's given me a right kicking again, off to bed for a week
droogs
Old Oak

Postby droogs » 12 Jan 2022, 03:50

I ache evbrywhere and my joints are grinding when I move (quite swollen in toes and hands). Arm weight a ton and started shaking around 20:30. Last time it lasted 3 days non stop. Temp in C 38.4 up from 38.2 at midnight.
Seems if you have a hard time with the pfizzer then you will always have a hard time.
droogs
Old Oak

Postby TrimTheKing » 16 Jan 2022, 19:32

droogs wrote:I ache evbrywhere and my joints are grinding when I move (quite swollen in toes and hands). Arm weight a ton and started shaking around 20:30. Last time it lasted 3 days non stop. Temp in C 38.4 up from 38.2 at midnight.
Seems if you have a hard time with the pfizzer then you will always have a hard time.

Wife and I completely unaffected by AZ for our first two or Pfizer for our booster. Clearly much hardier than you soft bunch! ;)

Just on the train back home from a weekend in London to do touristy stuff and watch ‘Hamilton’ (extremely good even though my expectations were low and I wasn’t in the least bit bothered about seeing it). Very pleasantly surprised indeed, and I can report that mask wearing was in the massive majority everywhere we went.

Probably 50% of people wearing them generally in the street, 95%+ wearing them on the tube, everyone wearing in indoor spaces (restaurants, pubs, theatre etc).

I was pleasantly surprised and it’s contrary to anecdotal comments from people in general.
Cheers
Mark
TrimTheKing
Site Admin

Name: Mark

Postby droogs » 16 Jan 2022, 20:20

Back to normal now, fever broke and shaking stopped on Friday. I had a high of 39.2C for 2 days. still a little achy on the arm though. In 12 weeks if they are after me getting jab #5 then I think I will try to insist on something other than Pfizzer.

Anyone else been called to get their 4th jab yet?
droogs
Old Oak

Postby 9fingers » 16 Jan 2022, 20:53

Good to hear things are easing for you Alan.

In terms of the original priority groupings listed here
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ity-groups
I presume you were a 4 as was SWMBO as a result of Lupus and taking steroids.
She has not had any hint of being called for Jab 4.
I presume that the vulnerabilities could well have been re-classified and hence you have had 4 and 5th being mentioned. From what you have mentioned here now and then you are clearly suffering far more than my SWMBO.
I was group 5 on grounds of diabetes which aligned with age (65+) and naturally I've only had 3.

Further info here https://www.bmj.com/content/376/bmj.o30

Bob
9fingers
Petrified Pine

Postby TrimTheKing » 16 Jan 2022, 20:55

droogs wrote:Back to normal now, fever broke and shaking stopped on Friday. I had a high of 39.2C for 2 days. still a little achy on the arm though. In 12 weeks if they are after me getting jab #5 then I think I will try to insist on something other than Pfizzer.

Bl00dy hell mate, I didn’t realise it hit you quite that hard!

Glad you’re on the mend. So strange how both the virus and the jabs are affecting people in so many different ways!
Cheers
Mark
TrimTheKing
Site Admin

Name: Mark

Postby RogerS » 16 Jan 2022, 23:37

There was a fascinating piece on Paddy O'Connell's R4 programme this morning. They're trialling a new test at one of the universities that takes a blood sample and looks at your DNA and your long-term response to the antibodies re Covid vaccines. He was told that his were still very, very , very high and that if he was offered Jab 4 that he should decline. He was also surprised to hear that he'd had Covid although he was unaware.
RogerS
Petrified Pine

Name:

Postby Alf » 16 Jan 2022, 23:56

Sheesh, Alan, you've had a right good going over, you poor blighter. My deepest sympathies. Having had a not too happy result from a 'flu jab many, many years ago I've viewed all these jabs with considerable trepidation, but apart from a delayed reaction to the first AZ, I seem to have got away with it, thank goodness. I would certainly make it very clear just how badly you've reacted to the Pfizer before you get jabbed again. Lay it on thick, or they'll just dismiss it as over-reaction. It wasn't until a paramedic told me that if I needed to ring for an ambulance for my Old Man I should say he wasn't breathing regardless of the truth, that I realised you have to cry "wolf" with the NHS to get them to treat you seriously. Stiff upper lips get you nowhere. Sad, but apparently true.
Alf
Sapling

Name:

Postby droogs » 17 Jan 2022, 00:32

cheers guys
droogs
Old Oak

Postby Woodbloke » 17 Jan 2022, 08:58

TrimTheKing wrote:
Glad you’re on the mend. So strange how both the virus and the jabs are affecting people in so many different ways!

Dunno whether I caught the lurgi or it was the jabs, but I've been left out of breath! Even mild activity such as going up the stairs or putting out a wheely bin as I did yesterday leave me out of puff. I've had two docs give me the once over, have had an X-Ray and blood test and everything's hunky doodly; it's just really weird - Rob
I no longer work for Axminster Tools & Machinery.
Woodbloke
Sequoia

Name:

Postby RogerS » 17 Jan 2022, 10:09

Woodbloke wrote:
TrimTheKing wrote:

Dunno whether I caught the lurgi or it was the jabs, but I've been left out of breath! Even mild activity such as going up the stairs or putting out a wheely bin as I did yesterday leave me out of puff. I've had two docs give me the once over, have had an X-Ray and blood test and everything's hunky doodly; it's just really weird - Rob

It's called Old Age, Rob :lol:
RogerS
Petrified Pine

Name:

Postby Andyp » 17 Jan 2022, 10:29

droogs wrote:Back to normal now, fever broke and shaking stopped on Friday. I had a high of 39.2C for 2 days. still a little achy on the arm though. In 12 weeks if they are after me getting jab #5 then I think I will try to insist on something other than Pfizzer.

Wow. Glad you're feeling better.
I do not think therefore I do not am.

cheers
Andy
Andyp
Petrified Pine

Name: Andy

Postby Woodbloke » 17 Jan 2022, 11:12

RogerS wrote:

Tell me about it Rog; three score years and ten on Thursday - Rob
Woodbloke
Sequoia

Name:

Postby RogerS » 17 Jan 2022, 14:12

Woodbloke wrote:
RogerS wrote:

New driving licence then ;)
RogerS
Petrified Pine

Name:

Postby Woodbloke » 17 Jan 2022, 14:25

RogerS wrote:
Woodbloke wrote:
RogerS wrote:

New driving licence then ;)

Already dun n'dusted Rog. SWIMBO's bang on the money with this sort of thing so I got a new one last year - Rob
Woodbloke
Sequoia

Name:

Postby MY63 » 17 Jan 2022, 17:00

Woodbloke wrote:
TrimTheKing wrote:

Rob I have the same issue since April 2021 I have seen 2 docs 2 xrays and lots of bloods, I am having a lung function test tomorrow. On a treadmill I hope they have oxygen standing by 15 stairs and I am out of breath.
MY63
Old Oak

Name: Michael

PreviousNext

Return to The Woodmangler's Retreat