It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 13:06

Pressure washer adaptor

Hang up your Chisels and Plane blades and take a load off with a recently turned goblet of your favourite poison, in the lounge of our Gentlemen's (and ladies) Club.

Re: Pressure washer adaptor

Postby 9fingers » 16 Jun 2021, 17:08

I *think* that is the plain fantail type rather than the rotary ball bearing type that have a scrubbing action but thanks anyway.

Bob
Information on induction motors here
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dBTVXx ... sp=sharing
Email:motors@minchin.org.uk
9fingers
Petrified Pine

Location: Romsey Hampshire between Southampton and the New Forest
Name: Bob

Postby Eric the Viking » 17 Jun 2021, 11:00

As Rafezetter of this parish will attest, I seriously embarrassed myself when the new jetwash turned up a couple of years ago. It came with two nozzles:
- a "normal use" one with three settings of fan, tight jet and detergent, and
- one of those rotating ball types (I think the one in mine is some sort of ceramic).

The task in hand was blasting old paint and some whitewash off the house to repair and re-finish some pretty evil pebbledash. The old jetwash (with its Karcher lance) was reasonable at it, so I kept said lance and got the adaptor as discussed earlier. It sort of worked, but we tried the new triple-action thing, which was a bit better. I never considered the rotating ball one, as I've only ever seen them used on paving slabs, etc.

After several days of arm-ache, we'd stopped for coffee one morning and (I think it was) R. suggested we tried the unused jet, just out of interest. "It'll be rubbish - it's only for doing concrete paths," quoth I, stupidly. So he picked it up and turned it on while I watched, tuning the "told you so," line in my head...

Shortly afterwards, after I had been hit with sufficient large-ish lumps of pebbledash pinging off the wall, I conceded I had been a bit silly not to try it in the first place. Rafe was decent enough in victory not to point it at me and fire.

I last used it on our golf club car park, before re-doing the white lines (we had a work party just before the end of the Covid restrictions). I had to be extremely careful (a) not to remove the evidence of the old lines (so we couldn't see where to repaint), and (b) not to excavate deep holes in the tarmac by leaving it in one spot for too long.

Those lances are pretty good!
Eric the Viking
Sapling

Name:

Postby 9fingers » 18 Jun 2021, 10:28

The ebay seller of this item has offered a partial refund to which I agreed.
I left them neutral feedback carefully worded to praise them as a seller but warn others about the product.

"This item failed after an hour of use and so did the replacement which was readily offered. It is being used as intended but is just not fit for purpose. The seller has been 100% honourable and offered a refund. They have been excellent and quick to respond to issues."

They have now come back asking me to revise this as they feel it will damage their business.
Do they really expect me to lie just because they gave me 2/3 refund.

They have been given a Foxtrot Oscar reply so we will see what they say next.

Bob
Information on induction motors here
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dBTVXx ... sp=sharing
Email:motors@minchin.org.uk
9fingers
Petrified Pine

Location: Romsey Hampshire between Southampton and the New Forest
Name: Bob

Previous

Return to The Woodmangler's Retreat