It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 14:54

What a star

Hang up your Chisels and Plane blades and take a load off with a recently turned goblet of your favourite poison, in the lounge of our Gentlemen's (and ladies) Club.

What a star

Postby Blackswanwood » 27 Jul 2021, 18:39

Plenty of heroes in Tokyo but Georgia Taylor-Brown … gets a puncture but just thinks “oh well I cannot control it” so pedals on and fights back to win the silver medal in the Triathlon - what a star :eusa-clap: :eusa-clap: :eusa-clap: :eusa-clap: :eusa-clap:
Blackswanwood
Nordic Pine

Name: Robert

Re: What a star

Postby Andyp » 27 Jul 2021, 18:44

It’s beginning to look like there is a greater chance of winning gold if your name is Tom.
I do not think therefore I do not am.

cheers
Andy
Andyp
Petrified Pine

Name: Andy

Postby flying haggis » 28 Jul 2021, 19:30

Blackswanwood wrote:Plenty of heroes in Tokyo but Georgia Taylor-Brown … gets a puncture but just thinks “oh well I cannot control it” so pedals on and fights back to win the silver medal in the Triathlon - what a star :eusa-clap: :eusa-clap: :eusa-clap: :eusa-clap: :eusa-clap:

perhaps the primadonna riders in the tour de france should be made to carry on if they get a puncture instead of swapping to a different bike altogether
flying haggis
Sapling

Name:

Postby AJB Temple » 28 Jul 2021, 20:20

Why are they prima donnas? Surely they are professional sportsmen who are employees of a team who are investing a lot of money to try to win. It would be daft to handicap a member of your team surely?
Don't like: wood, engines, electrickery, decorating, tiling, laying stone, plumbing, gardening or any kind of DIY. Not wild about spiders either.
AJB Temple
Sequoia

Name:

Return to The Woodmangler's Retreat