It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 13:46

Succumbed

Hang up your Chisels and Plane blades and take a load off with a recently turned goblet of your favourite poison, in the lounge of our Gentlemen's (and ladies) Club.

Succumbed

Postby Dr.Al » 13 Sep 2021, 11:22

I'm not a great one for watching lots of TV-type stuff, but I had some quiet time and decided to have a look at Tally Ho having seen it mentioned on here a few times. Suffice to say that both I and my other half are now thoroughly hooked and are already 28 episodes in after only a few days! It's up there with clickspring's skeleton clock build in my "best things on youtube" list I think.
My projects website: https://www.cgtk.co.uk
Dr.Al
Old Oak

Name: Al

Re: Succumbed

Postby NickM » 13 Sep 2021, 12:39

Dr.Al wrote:I'm not a great one for watching lots of TV-type stuff, but I had some quiet time and decided to have a look at Tally Ho having seen it mentioned on here a few times. Suffice to say that both I and my other half are now thoroughly hooked and are already 28 episodes in after only a few days! It's up there with clickspring's skeleton clock build in my "best things on youtube" list I think.

It is very good!

For the car/metalwork aficionados amongst you, Project Binky is another good one. They've become very slow at releasing new episodes, but if you haven't watched it before there's a good back catalogue to get through.
NickM
Nordic Pine

Name:

Postby 9fingers » 13 Sep 2021, 13:37

NickM wrote:
Dr.Al wrote:I'm not a great one for watching lots of TV-type stuff, but I had some quiet time and decided to have a look at Tally Ho having seen it mentioned on here a few times. Suffice to say that both I and my other half are now thoroughly hooked and are already 28 episodes in after only a few days! It's up there with clickspring's skeleton clock build in my "best things on youtube" list I think.

It is very good!

For the car/metalwork aficionados amongst you, Project Binky is another good one. They've become very slow at releasing new episodes, but if you haven't watched it before there's a good back catalogue to get through.

+1
Diesel Creek, Mustie1, Marty T, Watch Wes Work and Doubleboost might appeal to Binky fans. All with huge back catalogues to catch up on.
Bob
Information on induction motors here
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dBTVXx ... sp=sharing
Email:motors@minchin.org.uk
9fingers
Petrified Pine

Location: Romsey Hampshire between Southampton and the New Forest
Name: Bob

Postby AndyT » 13 Sep 2021, 18:10

Glad you like it!

I think it works on so many levels. There's a lot of highly skilled woodwork, with a wide range of tools and techniques. There's a huge amount of hard work and determined problem solving.
And as the project grows, there's a warm feeling that if it was local, we'd all enjoy joining in.
And it should be finished in two years ;)
--------------
Andy
AndyT
Old Oak

Name: Andy

Postby Eric the Viking » 18 Sep 2021, 09:43

Dr.Al wrote:I...It's up there with clickspring's skeleton clock build in my "best things on youtube" list I think.

Currently working through his two series on the Antikythera mechanism - both quite superb at every level.

Also a fan of Watch Wes Work - patience of a saint, and evidently extremely experienced and well-trained too.
Eric the Viking
Sapling

Name:

Postby 9fingers » 18 Sep 2021, 10:04

Eric the Viking wrote:

Also a fan of Watch Wes Work - patience of a saint, and evidently extremely experienced and well-trained too.

You will possibly appreciate the highly experienced work of Diesel Creek too Eric?

Bob
Information on induction motors here
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dBTVXx ... sp=sharing
Email:motors@minchin.org.uk
9fingers
Petrified Pine

Location: Romsey Hampshire between Southampton and the New Forest
Name: Bob

Return to The Woodmangler's Retreat