It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 20:26

Location ...DHL Head Office

Hang up your Chisels and Plane blades and take a load off with a recently turned goblet of your favourite poison, in the lounge of our Gentlemen's (and ladies) Club.

Location ...DHL Head Office

Postby RogerS » 16 Sep 2021, 10:53

"Boss? Boss?"

"Yes, Brian"

"Boss, I've got a cunning plan to generate more income"

"Tell me more, Brian"

"Well, you know when someone arranges a collection, we send out that generic email that means diddly-squat? The one that says we'll collect between 9am and 1pm even though both of us know the collection will take place at anytime up to 6pm or later?"

"Yes...and ?"

"So people who are returning stuff want to get it back for their refund. Sometimes it's returning a faulty item and they've got a holding charge on their credit card against the replacement until the faulty unit is back with the supplier? So they really want to know what's going to happen next with the collection. Or how to reschedule the collection as by 2pm they've given up it being collected that day"

"I'm listening"

"Well, we remove from our website all reference to what happens next. Or give them the option to rebook the collection. The only way for them to find things out is to call us but we set up a premium 0844 number and charge them 7p a minute. Fix the system so that they are on hold for at least 20 minutes. Kerching !"

"Well done, Brian. Here's a bonus"

On a positive note, all major companies have an 'Executive Team' who handle complaints to the MD. I do now have the email contact address for this team and happy to give it to anyone by PM who needs it.
If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door.
RogerS
Petrified Pine

Name:

Re: Location ...DHL Head Office

Postby fezman » 17 Sep 2021, 07:39

https://ceoemail.com/ is your new BFF

Many moons ago, I got the email address of the BT CEO. Sent a complaint in about tardy engineer service and an incredibly poor website for ordering a new line. Assistant to the Chief Executive, Sebastian, arranged for a nice £150 credit to my account and no connection fee on the new line ;-)
fezman
New Shoots

Name:

Return to The Woodmangler's Retreat