It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 17:54

My Hermes

Hang up your Chisels and Plane blades and take a load off with a recently turned goblet of your favourite poison, in the lounge of our Gentlemen's (and ladies) Club.

My Hermes

Postby 9fingers » 17 Oct 2021, 11:29

Anyone else waiting for something via MyHermes and getting this sort of tracking results?

hermes3.jpg
(44.53 KiB)

Parcel sent on 12th on next day delivery and from 13th the tracking info has remained unchanged.
I've had no joy trying to speak to anyone on the phone.

Currently having to open the sole entry workshop door with a spanner whilst the replacement for a broken door handle is lost in a major incident.

Bob
Information on induction motors here
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dBTVXx ... sp=sharing
Email:motors@minchin.org.uk
9fingers
Petrified Pine

Location: Romsey Hampshire between Southampton and the New Forest
Name: Bob

Re: My Hermes

Postby RogerS » 17 Oct 2021, 11:50

Insulting Remittance glued themselves to their doors ?

Seriously DM them on Twitter ? No idea if they respond. I can text Mark, my local driver and ask him if he knows owt. But if it's local to you then probably not.
If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door.
RogerS
Petrified Pine

Name:

Postby 9fingers » 17 Oct 2021, 12:04

RogerS wrote:Insulting Remittance glued themselves to their doors ?

Seriously DM them on Twitter ? No idea if they respond. I can text Mark, my local driver and ask him if he knows owt. But if it's local to you then probably not.

I don't have a twitter account and the farcebook group explicitly says "not customer service"
I have the MD email addy but he must have set up a divert on that as they already have such a poor reputation I can't see mine getting read!

It looks to me like it has not even left the initial depot as "on its way" has not been ticked yet.
It is a replacement from toolstation - head office is in Somerset but no idea if this is where they dispatch from.
Maybe your driver might know something if it is a "major incident"? To me that description would mean it would make it to the media eg a warehouse fire or something quite dramatic.

I already have toolsatan chasing from their end (they say). Seems like they still use Parcel force for large/heavy parcels but Hermes for smaller consignments.

Bob
9fingers
Petrified Pine

Postby Blackswanwood » 17 Oct 2021, 12:14

An e-Mail to the CEO has previously worked for me …

https://www.ceoemail.com/s.php?id=ceo-9539
Blackswanwood
Nordic Pine

Name: Robert

Postby 9fingers » 17 Oct 2021, 13:51

Based on your advice, I have just sent a polite note to the CEO asking not only about my specific delivery but also to ask for a public notice as to the nature of the major incident.

Soshul mejia is speculating anything from a stolen lorry to a falling out with a subsidiary they use for sorting and re-direction.

We also have the "hermy humour" such as

hermes 1.jpg
(61.29 KiB)

hermes2.jpg
(47.47 KiB)

Each with the underlying themes that many seem to have experienced with Hermes deliveries.

Bob
9fingers
Petrified Pine

Postby RogerS » 17 Oct 2021, 16:00

S'funny...reckon it all comes down to the individual depot and 'last mile' driver. And where you live, at a guess.
If we've got inclement weather like snow and I'm expecting a delivery, I'll simply text Mark and ask him to leave it with Andy at the local cafe down in the village. Job done !
RogerS
Petrified Pine

Name:

Postby 9fingers » 17 Oct 2021, 16:21

RogerS wrote:S'funny...reckon it all comes down to the individual depot and 'last mile' driver. And where you live, at a guess.
If we've got inclement weather like snow and I'm expecting a delivery, I'll simply text Mark and ask him to leave it with Andy at the local cafe down in the village. Job done !

Indeed it does. Apart for this latest "major incident" the service perception is entirely down to the final mile drivers. We have always been lucky with our drivers. A similar reputation can be found for Yodel drivers on line but we have always had a good relationship with ours.

I'd hate the job of a multidrop driver round the Southampton area with all the traffic delays and they are under huge pressure to handle more and more parcels to deliver within 1hr windows.

Bob
9fingers
Petrified Pine

Postby Blackswanwood » 18 Oct 2021, 00:21

I agree that a good driver on the final leg (with the right attitude and local knowledge) probably increases the chance of happy recipients. This ends up being down to luck rather than design which is no way to run a business.

IMHO Hermes has all the hallmarks of having had a big four management consultancy advise them on how to become more efficient and in doing so has lost sight of the customer. It’s near impossible to speak to anyone and automated non-intelligent web chat just sends you round in circles.
Blackswanwood
Nordic Pine

Name: Robert

Postby Phil Pascoe » 18 Oct 2021, 06:45

I've just had two near identical parcels sent by the same firm by different couriers - I think there must have been a slight difference in the weight. One was Royal Mail - 48 hour, delivered in 48 hours, and the other DHL. The DHL one was "next day", picked up on Tuesday, supposedly out for delivery on Wednesday, out for delivery again on Friday and delivered on Saturday. DHL used to be one of the best of them.
Hermes is still one of the best here - everything depends very much upon how good the local people are.
Phil Pascoe
Old Oak

Name: phil

Postby 9fingers » 18 Oct 2021, 14:41

I contacted the sender (toolstation) this morning to not only thank them for dealing with the replacement order so quickly but to say they had been let down by hermes and asking if they could chase it up with Hermes on my behalf as the CS proved to be impenetrable.

They have despatched yet another one this time via parcel force.

Hats off to Toolstation! Ya Boo Hermes sucks!

Bob
9fingers
Petrified Pine

Postby Trevanion » 23 Oct 2021, 12:36

"Major Event"... What was that? Everyone decided to clock off for the day and go down the pub? :eusa-think:

Trevanion
Old Oak

Name:

Postby Alf » 23 Oct 2021, 16:38

I just spent a couple of weeks trying to get a return collected by Hermes - you don't even get the mystery of a "major event" in that scenario, merely crickets and tumbleweed. They really are absolutely useless, and I see many people on Trustpilot have told luxury goods company Hermés this in great detail...
Alf
Sapling

Name:

Postby 9fingers » 23 Oct 2021, 16:57

I'm still no further forward with my missing Hermes delivery.
The Email to the CEO elicited a phone call to ask me to say what was in the parcel "so they could start a search for it" and they promised to let me know in 48 hrs.
That has been and gone more like 96 hrs now.

On Thursday I decided to replace my SDS drill/breaker as the original had died and my conventional hammer drill really struggled with a job the other day.

Ordered from toolstation and in the delivery instructions I put "Please Please do not send by Hermes as they lost my last delivery"
An hour or so later the racking info said "Dispatched via Hermes" and my heart sank.
Went onto Hermes tracking to see that my special instructions had been copied into my safe place location which read "Please Please do not send by Hermes as they lost my last delivery" eek!

Thankfully the parcel tracked through their system perfectly and the driver said nothing about the special instruction :lol: :lol:

Bob
9fingers
Petrified Pine

Postby Phil Pascoe » 23 Oct 2021, 21:27

I'm still waiting for MyHerpes to pick up a parcel they should have picked a week ago yesterday.
Phil Pascoe
Old Oak

Postby RogerS » 26 Oct 2021, 08:57

And you thought Hermes was bad ? Try this for size from DX. Raising the bar on misleading/wrong/lying tracking history.

dx nonsense.png
(287.46 KiB)
RogerS
Petrified Pine

Name:

My Hermes

Postby TrimTheKing » 26 Oct 2021, 09:49

I had that with DX when waiting for my passport to be delivered the day before I was due to fly to India for work. Tracker said they’d tried to deliver while I was home a few hours earlier!

Ranted about it on Facebook only you get a tap on the shoulder from a mum on the school run to say that my “passport would be with me in the hour!”

I laughed assuming she was mocking my FB rant, only for her to tell me her husband is FD for DX (I knew him to say hello to but not what he did for work) and sure enough a knock on the door when I got back from the school run with an apology and my passport.

She said he was fuming and someone got a severe ticking off.
Cheers
Mark
TrimTheKing
Site Admin

Name: Mark

Postby RogerS » 26 Oct 2021, 09:56

TrimTheKing wrote:I had that with DX when waiting for my passport to be delivered the day before I was due to fly to India for work. Tracker said they’d tried to deliver while I was home a few hours earlier!

Ranted about it on Facebook only you get a tap on the shoulder from a mum on the school run to say that my “passport would be with me in the hour!”

I laughed assuming she was mocking my FB rant, only for her to tell me her husband is FD for DX (I knew him to say hello to but not what he did for work) and sure enough a knock on the door when I got back from the school run with an apology and my passport.

She said he was fuming and someone got a severe ticking off.

:text-goodpost:

I'm just waiting for some stroppy small claims court judge to try it on and step out of line. Then I'll mention that I'm seeing Geoffrey this weekend. As in Master of the Rolls - his/her bosses, bosses, bosses, bosses boss. 8-)
RogerS
Petrified Pine

Name:

Postby RogerS » 26 Oct 2021, 18:18

I claim the prize for today. Our much awaited DX delivery hadn't arrived by 5.30 pm and so I checked tracking. "Delivered". Oh no...don't tell me he's taken it up to TOAS ? Checked with the ladies at the lodge halfway between us and TOAS.. No, they hadn't had it delivered there. Then remembering the Yodel-effect at our last place :idea: I walked the long, long way down the drive to the gate and....yup....you guessed it.

Box of printer paper. In the rain. Laziness? Stupidity ? Both ?

RogerS
Petrified Pine

Name:

Postby Trevanion » 26 Oct 2021, 18:35

So my tracking info is still the same as my post above, with the "we'll have it on the move in the next 24 hours" still on the 21st, it is now five days later.

I feel kind of bad because I've asked the seller on eBay if they can do something about it, and the total order value of the item is only £5.19 including postage :lol:
Trevanion
Old Oak

Name:

Postby 9fingers » 26 Oct 2021, 18:56

I had an email from Hermes today to say they had found my parcel.
Great I thought.
The next part said - so we have sent it back to the sender. WTF?

What sort of business process opts to send it back rather than forward it on to the customer who is complaining about non arrival???

Bob
9fingers
Petrified Pine

Postby Phil Pascoe » 27 Oct 2021, 14:17

I've just had a Munro hollower and spare cutter turn up via DPD ............ or rather an empty tube did. Fortunately, at least, I was there to hand it back to the driver. We'll see what happens. :evil:
Phil Pascoe
Old Oak

Postby Alf » 27 Oct 2021, 15:11

Be prepared to repel boarders, Phil; they'll probably try to deliver it again tomorrow...
Alf
Sapling

Name:

Postby Phil Pascoe » 27 Oct 2021, 16:22

Even if the tool turns up I doubt the two small pieces with it will. I wonder why the driver didn't notice the tube was featherweight and had the end cap hanging off by a thread? I'm glad I was there and caught him as he walked away.
Phil Pascoe
Old Oak

Postby Alf » 27 Oct 2021, 23:03

He walked?! Ours literally sprints away to avoid having to actually be exposed to the customer. But anyway, yeah, I was rather assuming they'd try redelivering the empty tube. I'm a bit cynical that way. :D
Alf
Sapling

Name:

Postby Lons » 28 Oct 2021, 12:44

My daughter was visiting us yesterday when she got an email from Amazon saying parcel "left in the shed" and a photo, err...she doesn't have a shed and the photo of the parcel showed it was propped against an external door in the back lane, she lives in an area where you can leave nothing outside. She phoned a neighbour and luckily it was still there but what a shower some of those drivers are.

I had a Hermes delivery an hour ago and we're lucky as our local people are excellent but she told me she has 269 deliveries today which is impossible and the overspill just keeps getting pushed back. 2 sides to every story I guess.
I have a degree in faffing about (It must be true, my wife says so)
Lons
Old Oak

Next

Return to The Woodmangler's Retreat