It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 06:53

A Kindness

Hang up your Chisels and Plane blades and take a load off with a recently turned goblet of your favourite poison, in the lounge of our Gentlemen's (and ladies) Club.

A Kindness

Postby Gill » 03 Dec 2021, 16:46

I follow a pianist on YouTube called Jill Morton who is playing an 'advent calendar' of seasonal tunes each day. I've always loved Gaudette but never been able to find the manuscript for it. Jill claimed the arrangement she played was written by Martin Neill and was available for free download from his website but when I checked it wasn't there. So I emailed Martin and he's just sent me a copy! Aren't there some wonderfully kind and generous people around?

Gill
Sapling

Name: Rumpelstiltskin

Re: A Kindness

Postby AJB Temple » 03 Dec 2021, 19:30

What a nice post. I have not heard of her before now. Very interesting arrangement of that piece. Nicely played and not easy to sight read that.

I am only familiar with the Steeleye Span rendition of Gaudete (which is excellent). Eg: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDc2FD-vy8M
Don't like: wood, engines, electrickery, decorating, tiling, laying stone, plumbing, gardening or any kind of DIY. Not wild about spiders either.
AJB Temple
Sequoia

Name:

Return to The Woodmangler's Retreat