It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 09:44

ZORO UK

Hang up your Chisels and Plane blades and take a load off with a recently turned goblet of your favourite poison, in the lounge of our Gentlemen's (and ladies) Club.

ZORO UK

Postby 9fingers » 12 Jan 2022, 12:58

Has anyone bought from https://www.zoro.co.uk/ ?

I ordered 3 items last week, paid by paypal and the transaction appeared on my debit card account as "Pending" including the 5% intro discount. All fine.

PDF Invoice raised for all three items and visible on ZORO website. Equally fine.

Item 1 turned up Monday dispatched direct from the manufacturer ( nothing large only a tin of special thread cutting compound) delivered by DPD

item 2 is supposed to be with DHL on its way

item 3 back ordered

This morning, my bank said the whole charge had been reversed.
Paypal account says £11.39 charged ( cost of item 1 less 5%) but that has not been sent to my bank and neither do paypal say I owe them.

I presume ZORO must be some sort of order collation intermediary, a bit like Amazon Marketplace.

All a bit wierd really

Any Thoughts/experiences?
Bob
Information on induction motors here
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dBTVXx ... sp=sharing
Email:motors@minchin.org.uk
9fingers
Petrified Pine

Location: Romsey Hampshire between Southampton and the New Forest
Name: Bob

Re: ZORO UK

Postby RogerS » 12 Jan 2022, 13:11

I bought some sandpaper from them. It arrived OK. But bombarded with emails even though unsubscribed. Had to set up a rule to delete anything from them.

I'll not be buying from them again.
If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door.
RogerS
Petrified Pine

Name:

Postby Trevanion » 12 Jan 2022, 13:15

Weird, I’ve spent a lot with Zoro over the years and have had no issues whatsoever. I believe it’s the same company as Cromwell’s.
Trevanion
Old Oak

Name:

Postby 9fingers » 12 Jan 2022, 13:26

item 1 came direct from Tygris
item 2 looks like its coming from Curtis Holt tools aka Toolbank
item 3 similar to item 2 (screw drivers) no supplier identified yet.

Hopefully it will all work out but just seems strange and no warning to say items billed separately.

Will bu88er up my accounts as 1 invoice will get paid by three different transactions at the bank!

Bob
9fingers
Petrified Pine

Postby AJB Temple » 12 Jan 2022, 15:36

Bob, Zoro is an aggregator and agent. They provide a platform for hundreds of different suppliers to use.
Don't like: wood, engines, electrickery, decorating, tiling, laying stone, plumbing, gardening or any kind of DIY. Not wild about spiders either.
AJB Temple
Sequoia

Name:

Postby 9fingers » 12 Jan 2022, 15:47

AJB Temple wrote:Bob, Zoro is an aggregator and agent. They provide a platform for hundreds of different suppliers to use.

Thanks Adrian, I was coming to that conclusion. Seems strange that they have not taken full payment for the order and then release it to each supplier less their agreed charges.

DHL have now made their delivery that included both items 2 and 3. However this time the delivery note was headed ZORO not Curtis Holt who supplied the goods.

So far only item 1 has been charged for on Paypal and nothing charged to my debit card.

I can't image that I won't end up paying as I should in the end.

Bob
9fingers
Petrified Pine

Postby TrimTheKing » 12 Jan 2022, 16:08

Delivery note should come noted as your vendor, ZORO, as that's who your contract is with regardless of who they sub it out to. That's my understanding anyway.
Cheers
Mark
TrimTheKing
Site Admin

Name: Mark

Postby AJB Temple » 12 Jan 2022, 18:50

The way Zoro appear to work Mark (and others) from a very quick read of T&CS for both sellers (to them) and purchasers ( ie end user buying from them), Zoro is the contracted supplier to end user.

Delivery note has little legal purpose and will likely be from whoever shipped it. The T&Cs require the end user to accept shipping either from Zoro or anyone else. Invoicing should be from Zoro and payment to Zoro. They state that they only take payment when goods are shipped, and this would explain payments being taken piecemeal and seems in accordance with T&Cs and pukka.

The guarantee under the purchase contract between end user and Zoro, rests with Zoro (as expected) but the T&Cs of the contract between supplier to Zoro and Zoro itelf require the supplier to indemnify Zoro fully. Also seems pukka.

T&Cs are all written in plain english. I would have no issues using them. If I knew the tools were supplied by Cromwell or such like, I might well see what their direct online price is.

I looked because by coincidence there is something I want to buy where they are the supplier.
Don't like: wood, engines, electrickery, decorating, tiling, laying stone, plumbing, gardening or any kind of DIY. Not wild about spiders either.
AJB Temple
Sequoia

Name:

Postby 9fingers » 12 Jan 2022, 18:58

It appears for my items I have had a good deal through Zoro

Wera screw drivers were 15% below the price offered by Toolbank directly who fulfilled the order.

The Tygris tapping compound from Tygris had an MOQ of 12 and had i purchased 12 tins I'd have paid 60% more than Zoro
However 1 tin of 500grm will possibly outlast me so overall Zoro has worked well for me.

The Wera screwdrivers were cheaper than screwfix/toolsatan and allowed me to buy the sizes I particularly needed.

I can cope with a slightly strange trading model when the price is right!

Bob
9fingers
Petrified Pine

Return to The Woodmangler's Retreat