It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 09:38

A Camera and Little Knowledge Can Be a Dangerous Thing

Hang up your Chisels and Plane blades and take a load off with a recently turned goblet of your favourite poison, in the lounge of our Gentlemen's (and ladies) Club.

A Camera and Little Knowledge Can Be a Dangerous Thing

Postby Trevanion » 16 Aug 2022, 19:56

I seem to be getting recommended more Woodworking videos on Youtube than I used to, must be a change in the algorithm or something. I was recommended this video from a fairly new content creator about how dangerous the table saw is and I'm a fool for click-bait titles, it's nice to see someone using push sticks for once (although literally just a stick, nothing like the common style here) but the fella clearly just hasn't got much of a clue what he's talking about and a lot of it is completely wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLpdI189rpU

I don't understand people's urge to educate other people about something that they themselves have very little experience in.
Trevanion
Old Oak

Name:

Re: A Camera and Little Knowledge Can Be a Dangerous Thing

Postby Lurker » 16 Aug 2022, 21:42

This is one reason why I avoid Merican yootoobes. They miss blinding obvious safety devices like riving knives and invent secondary devices (like the thing that doesn’t cut sausages) and methods that add nothing.
This blokes theories assume wood is self healing. :o
Lurker
Old Oak

Name:

Return to The Woodmangler's Retreat