It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 12:05

Tells me I don’t have any photos or videos

Please list any and all bugs, feature requests etc in here and we can pick them up from one place. Only one bug/request per thread please, and make the title relevant so they are easy to pick out.

Tells me I don’t have any photos or videos

Postby Cabinetman » 26 Mar 2021, 21:35

I’ve had this before now, halfway through starting a new thread and it let me upload the first photo no problem, went to upload pictures for the next one and As normal it said choose file, then clicked on the Photo library as I have done many times before but it tells me I don’t have any photos or videos, tried rebooting and it let me add just one photo, tried that again no good, tried quite a few times doing different things, any ideas? Ian
Cabinetman
Old Oak

Name: Ian

Re: Tells me I don’t have any photos or videos

Postby 9fingers » 26 Mar 2021, 21:46

I think someone had this before.

Click on upload photo then in another window on the desktop, browse your photos and drag and drop the desired pic onto the filename box in the forum. Then upload as normal then place inline into your text.

hth
Bob
Information on induction motors here
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dBTVXx ... sp=sharing
Email:motors@minchin.org.uk
9fingers
Petrified Pine

Location: Romsey Hampshire between Southampton and the New Forest
Name: Bob

Postby Cabinetman » 26 Mar 2021, 21:52

Thanks but I’m doing it on an iPad and I don’t have another window on my desktop as far as I know,(Total numpty here wouldn’t know a window or a desktop on a computer if I bumped into them – sorry) I tried the browse button and there’s nothing on there either except for something that says fig_Cropper whatever that might be. Ian
Cabinetman
Old Oak

Postby 9fingers » 26 Mar 2021, 22:01

I've never used an ipad but surely there must be some concept of having two things open at once ie the browser in which you are viewing the forum and another one with the filing system where your photos live?

Hopefully someone with apple experience will drop by soon.

Bob
Information on induction motors here
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dBTVXx ... sp=sharing
Email:motors@minchin.org.uk
9fingers
Petrified Pine

Location: Romsey Hampshire between Southampton and the New Forest
Name: Bob

Postby TrimTheKing » 27 Mar 2021, 00:39

Have you updated it to iOS 14.* recently? I had a similar thing when it popped up with a message something to do with allowing apps access to photos. I skim read it and clicked ‘Allow
Once’ rather than ‘Allow Always’ which let me choose all the photos for that session but then o couldn’t choose any more.

Have a google at how to reset that and see if that’s the issue.
Cheers
Mark
TrimTheKing
Site Admin

Name: Mark

Postby Cabinetman » 27 Mar 2021, 06:55

9fingers wrote:I've never used an ipad but surely there must be some concept of having two things open at once ie the browser in which you are viewing the forum and another one with the filing system where your photos live?

Hopefully someone with apple experience will drop by soon.

Bob

Hi thanks, photos are open, I thought it was me that had restricted access to my photos so I’ve been through all the control settings and it’s not that, the annoying thing is sometimes I can access photos and other times I can’t,
TrimTheKing wrote:Have you updated it to iOS 14.* recently? I had a similar thing when it popped up with a message something to do with allowing apps access to photos. I skim read it and clicked ‘Allow
Once’ rather than ‘Allow Always’ which let me choose all the photos for that session but then o couldn’t choose any more.

Have a google at how to reset that and see if that’s the issue.
I can’t,
No I haven’t updated to that as it works perfectly well on 12 so I don’t see why I should change things all the time, I already have opened up the read and write thingy, it’s a mystery, I will get my computer place to have a look at it for me I’ve no doubt it’s something very simple. thanks for your help you two, What is especially annoying is that I have no problems at all uploading photos to the other place.Ian
Cabinetman
Old Oak

Postby Andyp » 27 Mar 2021, 07:48

I am also on ipad and not upgraded to 14.

Will load a test image here as I type.

Select Picture button, which brings up the choose file button which I select which brings up a pop up on the ipad with 3 options, take photo or video, photos and browse. I select photos. Then I select camera roll and choose an image and select the add the file button on the forum and when loaded select the place in line button.

D1E1AFCE-5704-4326-ACA4-33B7DA97CA9D.jpeg
(108.67 KiB)

Ignore the photobucket water mark the image is infact from the ipad

And a second image
2944180E-8990-4AE9-B124-4ED9738A8C5D.jpeg
(670.05 KiB)

All seems to work ok.
I do not think therefore I do not am.

cheers
Andy
Andyp
Petrified Pine

Name: Andy

Postby Cabinetman » 27 Mar 2021, 08:07

Hi Andy, thanks for that, yes that is exactly what I’ve been doing in the past and tried to do this time, but I press photos and it tells me I don’t have any photos or videos. I woke up this morning thinking that I must have restricted access to my photos, not that I can remember doing it in the last three days but I’ve gone through all the settings and all appears to be correct, so will leave it to an expert I think lol. Ian
Cabinetman
Old Oak

Postby Andyp » 27 Mar 2021, 08:12

Ian,
So sorry, try as I can, I cannot replicate your problem. If you do have an IT expert close at hand who can take a close look at your ipad and settings etc that might be your best bet.

cheers
Andy
Andyp
Petrified Pine

Postby Cabinetman » 27 Mar 2021, 08:15

Problem solved! I closed down Woodhaven2 and opened it again as a fresh start and all is working, now if I knew what I was doing I probably would’ve done that to start with. Sorry everybody
Cabinetman
Old Oak

Postby Andyp » 27 Mar 2021, 09:20

No problem Ian. Glad you managed to sort it.

cheers
Andy
Andyp
Petrified Pine

Return to Technical Issues, Bugs and Feature Requests