• Hi all and welcome to TheWoodHaven2 brought into the 21st Century, kicking and screaming! We all have Alasdair to thank for the vast bulk of the heavy lifting to get us here, no more so than me because he's taken away a huge burden of responsibility from my shoulders and brought us to this new shiny home, with all your previous content (hopefully) still intact! Please peruse and feed back. There is still plenty to do, like changing the colour scheme, adding the banner graphic, tweaking the odd setting here and there so I have added a new thread in the 'Technical Issues, Bugs and Feature Requests' forum for you to add any issues you find, any missing settings or just anything you'd like to see added/removed from the feature set that Xenforo offers. We will get to everything over the coming weeks so please be patient, but add anything at all to the thread I mention above and we promise to get to them over the next few days/weeks/months. In the meantime, please enjoy!

Note To Self

The Sturgeon river always floods its banks due to Spring snow melt, this year we had very little snow but allot or rain . So what you see happens every odd year. Our lake is about eight feet higher than normal river levels and this year the river and lake are one.

This happens at a local bridge fairly frequently now where the water comes over the top during the late winter and early spring months, though this image was a particularly bad flood a couple of years ago, the sheer volume of water that can appear seemingly out of nowhere is quite something.

1713611977455.png

This is what it normally looks like:

qS5lgpl.png

BtIZs8C.png

This happens at a local bridge fairly frequently now where the water comes over the top during the late winter and early spring months, though this image was a particularly bad flood a couple of years ago, the sheer volume of water that can appear seemingly out of nowhere is quite something.

View attachment 26062

qS5lgpl.png

BtIZs8C.png

Sorry, . Our river is 230 km long and that pic is about 25 km from lake Nipissing where it ends. Yes levels rise fast.

This happens in York several times each year …

27E8C9C4-CB6B-444F-938F-3FD6450F1FAC.jpegThe pub in the picture is normally reopened within 48 hours of the water receding.

Wow, the pub must have a musty smell to it year round.

Just checked our lake is still high. About a 3 ' from normal level.1000001755.jpg1000001753.jpg1000001754.jpg

View attachment 26062

qS5lgpl.png

BtIZs8C.png
I would like to walk that bridge some day.

Debris jamb at bridge on Sturgeon River , Ontario 1000001760.jpg1000001761.jpg

Back