• Hi all and welcome to TheWoodHaven2 brought into the 21st Century, kicking and screaming! We all have Alasdair to thank for the vast bulk of the heavy lifting to get us here, no more so than me because he's taken away a huge burden of responsibility from my shoulders and brought us to this new shiny home, with all your previous content (hopefully) still intact! Please peruse and feed back. There is still plenty to do, like changing the colour scheme, adding the banner graphic, tweaking the odd setting here and there so I have added a new thread in the 'Technical Issues, Bugs and Feature Requests' forum for you to add any issues you find, any missing settings or just anything you'd like to see added/removed from the feature set that Xenforo offers. We will get to everything over the coming weeks so please be patient, but add anything at all to the thread I mention above and we promise to get to them over the next few days/weeks/months. In the meantime, please enjoy!

Jigsaw Dust Extraction and other power tools.

Pinch

Old Oak
Joined
Jul 22, 2014
Messages
2,858
Reaction score
58
Location
Llangollen
Evening All, :P

Since my recent video "Chop Saw Dust Extraction", I've made another film, this time focusing on the jigsaw with other power tools included. This film is 11:27 long with some interesting points which some might find useful.

[youtube]rCJaSI4wz3g[/youtube]



:obscene-drinkingcheers:

Mod Edit: to help those who cant see the embedded Youtube links,
here is the full link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCJaSI4wz3g

It would be helpful whilst this problem exists for some readers that posters also add the full link.
Thanks Bob
 
Cheers Andy and thanks for the link - very interesting. 8-)

I thought I'll trial run it first and see how I get on with the noise level. I find it reasonably quiet in comparison to what I'm used to, so I shall see how she blows. 8-)
 
Nice study Pinch, the jigsaw (and CMS) are devils to extract and the built in systems are often poor after thoughts that do little more than restrict the movement, I've got a posh green jigsaw and the extraction (which is their forte) is hopeless.

Blasting the chips forward your method is the best way of collecting at source, how do you manage the hose? Is it awkward?

I wonder if you could have the extraction coming from the back with an adjustable beak, a bit like those directable coolant pipes you can get in engineering or a larger flexi-waste?

Jim

Ps. That's a fine looking sanding system [emoji4]

048167f3c512d4779409c1830ab307d8.jpg
24cbaccbcd7fb855e16a7b47868abc4a.jpg


Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk
 
Paul, that looks like a very neat solution. :D

My Makita has the dust extraction hole at the back and I bought the flexible hose to connect to my Electrolux.

It certainly does not suck up as cleanly as your solution. :(
 
Jimmy Mack":1j2jck09 said:
Nice study Pinch, the jigsaw (and CMS) are devils to extract and the built in systems are often poor after thoughts that do little more than restrict the movement, I've got a posh green jigsaw and the extraction (which is their forte) is hopeless.

Blasting the chips forward your method is the best way of collecting at source, how do you manage the hose? Is it awkward?

I wonder if you could have the extraction coming from the back with an adjustable beak, a bit like those directable coolant pipes you can get in engineering or a larger flexi-waste?

Jim

Ps. That's a fine looking sanding system [emoji4]

048167f3c512d4779409c1830ab307d8.jpg
24cbaccbcd7fb855e16a7b47868abc4a.jpg


Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

Cheers Jim. I don't find the hose awkward at all, but I have in the past with it trailing behind. In the film clip, the hose dropped off the work piece unintentionally and it didn't affect the cutting movement, mainly because it was also suspended on one my little hooky things. Having the hose suspended is a big plus for uninterrupted workability with no snagging.

Yeah, I think a flexi jobby from the back would work well, but (and without pitching my little bracket too hard :P ), I prefer the hose to be directly in front of the blade firmly fixed to the jigsaw. It really does grab 99.99% of the dust from the cutting. The bracket I made as shown in the film was for prototype purposes. I plan on making a much neater version. 8-)

Yes, indeed, a very cool sanding system - works a treat. 8-)
 
Phil":19ix52wf said:
Paul, that looks like a very neat solution. :D

My Makita has the dust extraction hole at the back and I bought the flexible hose to connect to my Electrolux.

It certainly does not suck up as cleanly as your solution. :(

Cheers Phil. Your Makita probably has the two screw holes for the fence as well, like mine. 8-)
 
Back
Top