• Hi all and welcome to TheWoodHaven2 brought into the 21st Century, kicking and screaming! We all have Alasdair to thank for the vast bulk of the heavy lifting to get us here, no more so than me because he's taken away a huge burden of responsibility from my shoulders and brought us to this new shiny home, with all your previous content (hopefully) still intact! Please peruse and feed back. There is still plenty to do, like changing the colour scheme, adding the banner graphic, tweaking the odd setting here and there so I have added a new thread in the 'Technical Issues, Bugs and Feature Requests' forum for you to add any issues you find, any missing settings or just anything you'd like to see added/removed from the feature set that Xenforo offers. We will get to everything over the coming weeks so please be patient, but add anything at all to the thread I mention above and we promise to get to them over the next few days/weeks/months. In the meantime, please enjoy!

What’s this?

the bear

Nordic Pine
Joined
Jul 21, 2014
Messages
516
Reaction score
13
Location
Surrey
Not mine, was a search result when looking for a sander. Described as a heavy duty horizontal sanding machine the disc itself is 2 foot across. What is it designed for? All I could think of was for sharpening long planer blades.

Mark
 

Attachments

  • 1A7373CD-AF2C-4F52-A3D5-7991605B7536.png
    1A7373CD-AF2C-4F52-A3D5-7991605B7536.png
    638.3 KB · Views: 734
Is the disc flat or slightly dished?

Sanding dishes of anything between 12' and 40' radii are used to shape guitar and other instrument sides before gluing backs and tops on.

If it's flat, I don't know. ;)
 
I had to look up lapidary. The listing says it’s a woodworking machine but that may be wrong. I can’t seem to post a link to the listing

Mark
 
Back
Top