Lurker":2tc1ri02 said:Assume that you have checked that it's not full of sawdust?
AJB Temple":23iz75wv said:For less cost, I have used these 16 amp switches with emergency stop. Not had any problems.......
Mike G":3ldar4s4 said:Lurker":3ldar4s4 said:Assume that you have checked that it's not full of sawdust?
Erm.....no......That's a thing, is it?
Lurker":hls4tsuo said:You misunderstand.
I have had two machines where the clear protective cover fouled the off switch.
Remove it completely, run the machine without it for a day or two, easy to replace if it is not that.
I know it sounds a bit daft.
AJB Temple":2c2td9s3 said:This site tech drives me crazy. I posted details of a DO switch we installed and a much cheaper (less good) Kedu with links to both and the post never appeared because someone else posted in the meantime, even though I pressed submit and then resent. It happens so often and puts me off posting here at times as the site is so slow to update and does not save work. Antiquated is not the word. Unfortunately I shut down that laptop in the meantime and so can't backtrack to what I wrote.
Edit. And it's just done it again with this post FFS!
Mike G":2bkj7e10 said:Assuming this severe clean doesn't work, what alternative would you suggest I look at buying, Bob? I don't want to be running into these problems again.
I heard that [emoji38]9fingers":w9d0hqv9 said:Mike G":w9d0hqv9 said:Assuming this severe clean doesn't work, what alternative would you suggest I look at buying, Bob? I don't want to be running into these problems again.
I normally buy a DOL starter from toolstation but they seem to have dropped them from the range. Screwfix only seem to offer 3 phase ones.
Electrical wholesalers seem to be very expensive unless you have an account with one after all your house building electrics purchases? or do you have a tame sparky with an account to get you trade prices.
You need a switch with a 240v coil and separately an overload relay with its current range nominally centred on the current rating from your motor plate to fit inside the switch box.
WIring is not difficult but ways to do it depend on what you already have there and if the motor itself has a thermal switch in it. I'd be tempted to ask DaveL for assistance just don't tell him I suggested it![]()
Bob
AJB Temple":1atexedt said:This is about the cheapest DOL switch you are likely to find Mike:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/202692877959 ... ntid=87779
Comes in single phase, 16amp version.
I have a trade account with both CEF and TLC which you are welcome to use, but both of them tend to supply RS or Schneider gear for this application and the price will be much more, even after discount. CEF are notoriously expensive unless you spend a lot with them. TLC much better.
AJB Temple":1sdf02rr said:This is about the cheapest DOL switch you are likely to find Mike:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/202692877959 ... ntid=87779
Comes in single phase, 16amp version.
I have a trade account with both CEF and TLC which you are welcome to use, but both of them tend to supply RS or Schneider gear for this application and the price will be much more, even after discount. CEF are notoriously expensive unless you spend a lot with them. TLC much better.
I had already checked that, I bought one that's on my table saw, they are good, it's a pain they have dropped them.Mike G":smywj0f8 said:Thanks Phil. Out of stock at my local branch and for delivery, apparently. Ho hum.