• Hi all and welcome to TheWoodHaven2 brought into the 21st Century, kicking and screaming! We all have Alasdair to thank for the vast bulk of the heavy lifting to get us here, no more so than me because he's taken away a huge burden of responsibility from my shoulders and brought us to this new shiny home, with all your previous content (hopefully) still intact! Please peruse and feed back. There is still plenty to do, like changing the colour scheme, adding the banner graphic, tweaking the odd setting here and there so I have added a new thread in the 'Technical Issues, Bugs and Feature Requests' forum for you to add any issues you find, any missing settings or just anything you'd like to see added/removed from the feature set that Xenforo offers. We will get to everything over the coming weeks so please be patient, but add anything at all to the thread I mention above and we promise to get to them over the next few days/weeks/months. In the meantime, please enjoy!

Church Notice Board

Joined
Apr 3, 2021
Messages
302
Reaction score
66
I am aware I haven't posted anything recently despite enjoying reading others WIP threads, so here goes. Our church has a notice board that is past its prime:
IMG_4185.jpeg
So I have offered to make a new one. The metal supports seem reasonably solid so it seems sensible to reuse it. My first step was to knock up a CAD model to check the design was alright before ordering materials. This is what I have come up with:
Screenshot 2026-10-01 at 11.03.25.png
Nothing particularly out of the ordinary. I had thought to make it out of Iroko as that should last reasonably. A quote from Oscar Windebank suggests they can do the wood for about £200 which didn't seem too bad.

I thought the sign would look better with the church name and a cross carved above it. I have not hand carved lettering before, so now seemed like a good time to start. I had a practice with a couple of letters which came out not too badly. I am hoping with a bit of practice I should be able to do something half decent.
IMG_4205.jpeg

Anyway before I get going I would welcome any thoughts or advice as I try something new.

Thanks,

Mark
 
Back
Top