• Hi all and welcome to TheWoodHaven2 brought into the 21st Century, kicking and screaming! We all have Alasdair to thank for the vast bulk of the heavy lifting to get us here, no more so than me because he's taken away a huge burden of responsibility from my shoulders and brought us to this new shiny home, with all your previous content (hopefully) still intact! Please peruse and feed back. There is still plenty to do, like changing the colour scheme, adding the banner graphic, tweaking the odd setting here and there so I have added a new thread in the 'Technical Issues, Bugs and Feature Requests' forum for you to add any issues you find, any missing settings or just anything you'd like to see added/removed from the feature set that Xenforo offers. We will get to everything over the coming weeks so please be patient, but add anything at all to the thread I mention above and we promise to get to them over the next few days/weeks/months. In the meantime, please enjoy!

Clarkes needle scaler for paint removel ?

tracerman

Sapling
Joined
Sep 12, 2014
Messages
350
Reaction score
2
Location
southampton , hampshire, UK
Reading Doug's thread about his Meddings drill refurb has got me thinking again (again) today about doing a refurb/resto on my old Myford ML8 lathe which is now long overdue . I have some fairly lethal chemical paint stripper ( Paramose) which I assume will be ok for larger flatter surfaces , but for more awkward parts I am tempted to invest in a needle-scaler - would this leave any marks or indentations on castings ?
Any suggestions welcome .

Steve
 
tracerman":210qbpxs said:
Reading Doug's thread about his Meddings drill refurb has got me thinking again (again) today about doing a refurb/resto on my old Myford ML8 lathe which is now long overdue . I have some fairly lethal chemical paint stripper ( Paramose) which I assume will be ok for larger flatter surfaces , but for more awkward parts I am tempted to invest in a needle-scaler - would this leave any marks or indentations on castings ?
Any suggestions welcome .

Steve

On castings, no. Don't use it on sheet metal, but for castings they're great. Except they (or at least the ones I've used) don't go into little nooks and crannies.

Kirk
who has some, but limited, experience with needle scalers...
 
Kirk - I'm grateful for your comments as I thought that one of the things they were supposed to do was to get into nooks and crannies - therefore I will start off with the nasty chemical stuff and see how it looks .

Thanks
Steve
 
Back
Top