• Hi all and welcome to TheWoodHaven2 brought into the 21st Century, kicking and screaming! We all have Alasdair to thank for the vast bulk of the heavy lifting to get us here, no more so than me because he's taken away a huge burden of responsibility from my shoulders and brought us to this new shiny home, with all your previous content (hopefully) still intact! Please peruse and feed back. There is still plenty to do, like changing the colour scheme, adding the banner graphic, tweaking the odd setting here and there so I have added a new thread in the 'Technical Issues, Bugs and Feature Requests' forum for you to add any issues you find, any missing settings or just anything you'd like to see added/removed from the feature set that Xenforo offers. We will get to everything over the coming weeks so please be patient, but add anything at all to the thread I mention above and we promise to get to them over the next few days/weeks/months. In the meantime, please enjoy!

Having saw blades resharpened...

Yes, usually it's around £10 a blade (depending on the amount of teeth and any damage of course, they can braze on new teeth) which is quite a saving over buying a new blade. Some blades you won't get too many resharpens out of and some higher quality ones you will get many resharpenings out of because the carbides will be so much larger.

Here's a picture of three blades for comparison, the top one is the one supplied with a Metabo Mitresaw which will be as cheaply made as possible (~15), the middle red one is a medium quality Freud blade (~£25)and the bottom is a good quality CMT blade (~£50) and you can see the difference in carbide size between the three is quite drastic. Some even higher quality industrial blades in the £100+ region can have even larger carbides but it's makes more economic sense if you're having blades sharpened very often as you'll get many, many resharpenings out of it.

yUkgAfI.png
 
I have a stack of blades that need doing, but unfortunately over here it is really expensive to get thing sharpened compared to what I'm used to paying in the UK. Im looking at over €30 for a small blade for the mitre saw, I dread to think what the big panel saw blades would cost me. Some workshops have their own sharpening machine and I have been looking into getting one, but given the cost of some of the blades I really am not keen on messing them up myself. Has anyone got any experience with them? The other option would be to post them back over, its crazy but it will save me a load of money. I used Leitz in Leeds who I found really good and quick, plus they were very close to my workshop.
 
Back
Top