• Hi all and welcome to TheWoodHaven2 brought into the 21st Century, kicking and screaming! We all have Alasdair to thank for the vast bulk of the heavy lifting to get us here, no more so than me because he's taken away a huge burden of responsibility from my shoulders and brought us to this new shiny home, with all your previous content (hopefully) still intact! Please peruse and feed back. There is still plenty to do, like changing the colour scheme, adding the banner graphic, tweaking the odd setting here and there so I have added a new thread in the 'Technical Issues, Bugs and Feature Requests' forum for you to add any issues you find, any missing settings or just anything you'd like to see added/removed from the feature set that Xenforo offers. We will get to everything over the coming weeks so please be patient, but add anything at all to the thread I mention above and we promise to get to them over the next few days/weeks/months. In the meantime, please enjoy!

Makita 18v batteries

the bear

Nordic Pine
Joined
Jul 21, 2014
Messages
516
Reaction score
13
Location
Surrey
Anyone know of a cheap supplier of genuine makita 18v batteries. At least 4ah or above, single or twin packs.
Many thanks
Mark
 
I bought Flouron batteries from ebay for my makita battery drill. Lasted almost as long as factory, for less than half the price.
 
My experience with cheap copy batteries is not as good as yours. I've tried them a couple of times and found them to overheat in the charger, too hot to touch. I won't use them again hence the request for genuine makita. Looking for a reputable dealer with a deal on hopefully, ebay from China is not for me (despite the genuines probably being made in China too)

Mark
 
Its about 3 years ago now that my makita drill finally died after 10 years hard use. I cant remember the exact prices I paid, but for sure the red and blue flourons were AT LEAST half the price of makita. And when the drill itself died, I still had the perfectly fine red batteries left over.
There was a big discussion about this on another forum about a year ago, and somebody actually cut open all the different makes to get at the cells, and found the cells were almost all the same make regardless of tool manufacture.
I can be very certain that Makita dont actually make their own batteries.
But you pays yer money and you takes yer chances. :lol: 8-)
 
The main problem here with non standard batteries, is that in my experience and that of others, the current generation Makita chargers (mine is a double) recognise from the battery chip that this is a non-genuine battery and don't charge it properly or at all. If you are using the gear all day long, it is a nuisance to be forced to buy and use a non-Makita charger.

Can't help with cheapest. My local tool supplier and repairer does Makita among other things and he gives me a discount, but this is not for on-line customers. I generally find FFX to be reasonable.
 
Cheers guys, I'll keep looking, I've had some suggestions over at UKW so I'll take a look at those.

Mark
 
I got my last pair when they were on special offer at FFX. They were cheaper than anyone else I could see at the time.
 
Buyaparcel worked out cheapest I could find a while back for genuine Makita batteries. This was for buying them in lots of 5 though and worked out at around £10 per Ah. If you have an Amazon business account they do come up on cheap offers but that's for 3Ah and they go faaast.
 
Got mine from FFX as well, approx £57 at the time, now about £74. Worth keeping an eye open on the cost as it does vary quite a lot.

Ian
 
Back
Top