• Hi all and welcome to TheWoodHaven2 brought into the 21st Century, kicking and screaming! We all have Alasdair to thank for the vast bulk of the heavy lifting to get us here, no more so than me because he's taken away a huge burden of responsibility from my shoulders and brought us to this new shiny home, with all your previous content (hopefully) still intact! Please peruse and feed back. There is still plenty to do, like changing the colour scheme, adding the banner graphic, tweaking the odd setting here and there so I have added a new thread in the 'Technical Issues, Bugs and Feature Requests' forum for you to add any issues you find, any missing settings or just anything you'd like to see added/removed from the feature set that Xenforo offers. We will get to everything over the coming weeks so please be patient, but add anything at all to the thread I mention above and we promise to get to them over the next few days/weeks/months. In the meantime, please enjoy!

This is soooo cool it's 0°K

droogs

Old Oak
Joined
May 9, 2015
Messages
1,015
Reaction score
4
Location
Edinburgh
i just was mesmerised by this[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqauzGj_aBY[/youtube]
 
That must be a really hard skill to learn. I've tried brazing and I'm pap at that, welding would be infuriating to get right
 
I could get a good weld but couldn't always get a pretty weld with gas.
My dad on the other hand (who taught me to weld) could do things with an oxy acet set that would make TIG welders pack it all in and go do something easier.

When we build my recumbent bike frame it was a mic of TIG and mig work till it came to putting the end plates on the rear end, at which point he turned to the gas set and laid them in without any filler. When a welder mate saw it he asked for some lessons from my then retired dad because he'd never seen it done so neatly. My old mans skill set still amazes me even now, nearly 10 years since he passed.
 
That's a cut above the normal restoration videos, which normally involve stripping everything back to bare metal and applying copious quantities of paint.
 
Mike G":30g6x4st said:
That's a cut above the normal restoration videos, which normally involve stripping everything back to bare metal and applying copious quantities of paint.

Arguably "Hand Tool Rescue" is one of the original guys who started off the fad that's resulted in the glut of restoration videos that we have now, although his restorations tend to be more sympathetic than many others who take a polishing wheel to every single part, slap some garish paint on and call it good.

[youtube]qH688syrLww[/youtube]

[youtube]johaTKyrEBM[/youtube]

[youtube]xflVNifjPwc[/youtube]
 
I did contemplate doing some videos of my wadkin stuff but I'm far too lazy to do all of the editing and because I'm from oop north people probably wont understand a word I say. A guy called john mills has a channel called doubleboost does some machining work for me sometimes, he's about 2O miles further north so his speech is harder to understand. Its funny putting the subtitles on.
 
I've met John a few times with his Sentinal. top bloke and really skilled with a lathe.

edit to add: I think he offer me his daughter hand in marriage, but he might have just been asking for a spanner, couldn't understand a word the twastard was saying. :D
 
I like Doubleboost and have a good ear for accents so don't struggle with him at all.

Just went and watched one just to confirm, love his pronunciation of "whoatah coolah". :lol:
 
novocaine":18u8wkfd said:
I've met John a few times with his Sentinal. top bloke and really skilled with a lathe.

edit to add: I think he offer me his daughter hand in marriage, but he might have just been asking for a spanner, couldn't understand a word the twastard was saying. :D

Maybe you could not differentiate between Wrench and Wench? :lol:

Bob
 
TrimTheKing":n057heio said:
I like Doubleboost and have a good ear for accents so don't struggle with him at all.

Just went and watched one just to confirm, love his pronunciation of "whoatah coolah". :lol:

Mark, see if you can find a clip of Ally McCoist saying there has been a murder in the curly wurly factory.
 
I spoke on a youtube video they made at work recently and when it was published I found they had made subtitles in Swedish. Though I speak Swedish......
 
:lol: Sometimes it helps to put your teeth in the right way round Heimlage, what was the video for? Anything to do with the big lathework?
 
Back
Top