meccarroll
Nordic Pine
- Joined
- May 12, 2016
- Messages
- 815
- Reaction score
- 180
Hi all just been thinking about changing my 12" planer thicknesser, it's a 240V Holtztech 12" over and under.
My Holtztech is a fantastic surface planer but the thickness capacity (like many newer P/T) is limited to 3mm each pass. If I have two or three doors to make it can take me all day to thickness the wood so I was thinking about buying an old wadkin P/T. the only trouble is the old Wadkin P/T are three phase and use separate motors for the planer and feed operations.
Does anyone have any ideas how to convert one to single phase or what invertor would work with both motors etc. I'm not that great on phase convertors.
The reason I'm sold on a wadkin is I've used them in professional workshops and found them to be very capable.
Cheers Mark
My Holtztech is a fantastic surface planer but the thickness capacity (like many newer P/T) is limited to 3mm each pass. If I have two or three doors to make it can take me all day to thickness the wood so I was thinking about buying an old wadkin P/T. the only trouble is the old Wadkin P/T are three phase and use separate motors for the planer and feed operations.
Does anyone have any ideas how to convert one to single phase or what invertor would work with both motors etc. I'm not that great on phase convertors.
The reason I'm sold on a wadkin is I've used them in professional workshops and found them to be very capable.
Cheers Mark