• Hi all and welcome to TheWoodHaven2 brought into the 21st Century, kicking and screaming! We all have Alasdair to thank for the vast bulk of the heavy lifting to get us here, no more so than me because he's taken away a huge burden of responsibility from my shoulders and brought us to this new shiny home, with all your previous content (hopefully) still intact! Please peruse and feed back. There is still plenty to do, like changing the colour scheme, adding the banner graphic, tweaking the odd setting here and there so I have added a new thread in the 'Technical Issues, Bugs and Feature Requests' forum for you to add any issues you find, any missing settings or just anything you'd like to see added/removed from the feature set that Xenforo offers. We will get to everything over the coming weeks so please be patient, but add anything at all to the thread I mention above and we promise to get to them over the next few days/weeks/months. In the meantime, please enjoy!

Wadkin MA parts

TorryHill

Seedling
Joined
Mar 11, 2022
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Wonder if anyone can help with getting parts for a Wadkin MA chain morticer. In particular, I am looking for a new bar, chain wheel and chain so we can cut 3"x1.25" mortices (currently at 2x1.25). Finding 50mm bars seems to be very easy, but the imperial ones are rather more difficult!
 
Hi Tony and welcome to the woodHaven. There are few old tool nuts around here that might be able to help.

What sort of work are using it for?
 
Shame there's no-one here who specialises in restoring old Wadkin machines...... ;) :D
 
:D

I know I've got some but they are burried and wont be found till I have a clear out.

Theres a guy on the wadkin appreciation group on facebook called carl swires who has some
 
Looking in my Wadkin catalogue (I'm sure Wallace might have something more comprehensive) in 0.89 pitch chains, it shows that 3" long bars only came in 1" wide and smaller, the largest size available at 1.25" wide was 2.5" long. Looking through the Robinson catalogue it is identical to the Wadkin in that 3" bars are only available in 1" wide and smaller, C.D. Monninger is also the same, though their bars only go to 1" wide.

I'm not so well versed in chain morticers, but I feel you may be hunting for a snark.
 
Thanks all. Very helpful - a few more places for me to start snooping. And thank you Trevanion. I had better have a closer look at the literature.
 
Back
Top