Phil
Old Oak
I wanted to thickness some mahogany for a small project.
While trying to adjust the height, the lifting mechanism jammed. So the bed is now stuck half way, and cannot use it.
Can anybody please provide advice on how to open up that part of the machine?
I have approached Google, but only found changing of knives by Peter Parfitt.
I removed the gears cover and cleaned the gears and chain.
Next I thought I could just use the planing on the top.
No go! Checked the blades.
They were slightly less worn on the 40mm outside edges.
Easy fix, pull them out and turn the blades around.
(very embarrassing this is the first time the blades are being changed since I purchased it second hand many many many moons ago!
)
Thanks
Phil
While trying to adjust the height, the lifting mechanism jammed. So the bed is now stuck half way, and cannot use it.
Can anybody please provide advice on how to open up that part of the machine?
I have approached Google, but only found changing of knives by Peter Parfitt.
I removed the gears cover and cleaned the gears and chain.
Next I thought I could just use the planing on the top.
No go! Checked the blades.
They were slightly less worn on the 40mm outside edges.
Easy fix, pull them out and turn the blades around.
(very embarrassing this is the first time the blades are being changed since I purchased it second hand many many many moons ago!
Thanks
Phil