• Hi all and welcome to TheWoodHaven2 brought into the 21st Century, kicking and screaming! We all have Alasdair to thank for the vast bulk of the heavy lifting to get us here, no more so than me because he's taken away a huge burden of responsibility from my shoulders and brought us to this new shiny home, with all your previous content (hopefully) still intact! Please peruse and feed back. There is still plenty to do, like changing the colour scheme, adding the banner graphic, tweaking the odd setting here and there so I have added a new thread in the 'Technical Issues, Bugs and Feature Requests' forum for you to add any issues you find, any missing settings or just anything you'd like to see added/removed from the feature set that Xenforo offers. We will get to everything over the coming weeks so please be patient, but add anything at all to the thread I mention above and we promise to get to them over the next few days/weeks/months. In the meantime, please enjoy!

How to Work a Spindle Moulder PDF

Trevanion

Old Oak
Joined
Apr 27, 2019
Messages
2,608
Reaction score
485
Location
Pembrokeshire
So I spent a bit of time the other day scanning and compiling a PDF of one of the rarer books in my collection "How to Work a Spindle Moulder" by W.J. Blackmur. Still not sure about an exact date on this book but it seems to be from about the mid-1920s according to our very own AndyT so it's at least 90-years-old, it's an interesting little old book filled with old methods, many obsolete but very interesting nonetheless and I think some individuals here might like to see it. In a few years, I've only ever seen two copies of this book for sale, and I own both... :lol: It must be an extraordinarily rare book (possibly on account of it being quite a lightweight paperback), so I think it's well worth preserving and sharing with the wider community.

The PDF is available here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ppearq1rgu6x60g/How to Work a Spindle Moulder.pdf?dl=0

Some snippets:

DxKrK35.png

qhZXAAc.png

CCAJbkc.png

gzL0PRL.png

EKBQTTv.png
 
Well done, Dan, that's a good clear scan. Interesting to see how many companies were making those big old lumps of iron. I also noticed how the author included ideas from correspondents and from q&a in woodworking magazines. He must have loved his subject as much as you!

And sorry for the dodgy dating suggestion - it clearly says 1918 on the cover and title page. :oops: :)
 
AndyT":3u5tyb9w said:
And sorry for the dodgy dating suggestion - it clearly says 1918 on the title page. :oops: :)

To be fair, I didn’t notice that either! But this copy is different to the one you dated a year or so ago which doesn’t have a date on the front like this one.
 
Back
Top