• Hi all and welcome to TheWoodHaven2 brought into the 21st Century, kicking and screaming! We all have Alasdair to thank for the vast bulk of the heavy lifting to get us here, no more so than me because he's taken away a huge burden of responsibility from my shoulders and brought us to this new shiny home, with all your previous content (hopefully) still intact! Please peruse and feed back. There is still plenty to do, like changing the colour scheme, adding the banner graphic, tweaking the odd setting here and there so I have added a new thread in the 'Technical Issues, Bugs and Feature Requests' forum for you to add any issues you find, any missing settings or just anything you'd like to see added/removed from the feature set that Xenforo offers. We will get to everything over the coming weeks so please be patient, but add anything at all to the thread I mention above and we promise to get to them over the next few days/weeks/months. In the meantime, please enjoy!

Milwaukee battery grinder

RogerS

Moderator
Staff member
Joined
Jul 21, 2014
Messages
15,630
Reaction score
1,325
Location
Somerset
As I've had the 18v 'Man's' Milwaukee drill and impact driver for a couple of years and am impressed with them (apart from the chuck on the drill which is pants), I treated myself to portable grinder.



So, so handy...wish I'd got one years ago. Works very well especially with the thin metal cutting blade from Schluter. My only minor criticism is that I find the weight distribution a bit imbalanced for single hand working.

I also discovered this carbide blade from Bosch which means I can now take the grinder with this blade fitted and cut up sheet material to get in the car. Result !
 
I also think the milwaukee chuck is a pain. I raised it with the rep and he said he had not heard of any problems!
 
HappyHacker":hyybuiz8 said:
I also think the milwaukee chuck is a pain. I raised it with the rep and he said he had not heard of any problems!

Typical rep! They claim that the chuck is not covered under the warranty (and checking up that seems to be industry practice from what I can see). Still, you know me, kicked up a fuss and got a replacement. That's now packing up and it's not had that much use TBH.
 
Back
Top