• Hi all and welcome to TheWoodHaven2 brought into the 21st Century, kicking and screaming! We all have Alasdair to thank for the vast bulk of the heavy lifting to get us here, no more so than me because he's taken away a huge burden of responsibility from my shoulders and brought us to this new shiny home, with all your previous content (hopefully) still intact! Please peruse and feed back. There is still plenty to do, like changing the colour scheme, adding the banner graphic, tweaking the odd setting here and there so I have added a new thread in the 'Technical Issues, Bugs and Feature Requests' forum for you to add any issues you find, any missing settings or just anything you'd like to see added/removed from the feature set that Xenforo offers. We will get to everything over the coming weeks so please be patient, but add anything at all to the thread I mention above and we promise to get to them over the next few days/weeks/months. In the meantime, please enjoy!

Recommendation for replacement blade for Hammer C3-31

RogerS

Moderator
Staff member
Joined
Jul 21, 2014
Messages
15,637
Reaction score
1,328
Location
Somerset
I need another Universal blade (as supplied with the machine). Originally ordered one from Felder UK with the expectation of delivery 5-6 days. Now told it is out of stock. Maybe back in stock in 10 days ..which takes us to the Christmas shutdown etc so realistically it won't be until 2021 before I see it.

So any recommendations for an alternative please ?

TIA
 
sunnybob":6h1u4ov4 said:
The most common reply youre going to get is Ian at Tuffsaws. 8-)

Which I'm afraid would be pointless because as far as I can see Ian only does bandsaw blades !

But thank you for the suggestion as that prompted me to think about Doug at Cutting Solutions.
 
Always been happy with Freud blades. stocked by screwfix and toolsatan as well as all over ebay.

If stock is a problem you could always contact Doug at cutting solutions to confirm exactly what he has on the shelf.

Bob

PS I think Ian does do the odd circular saw blade but not a mainstream line for him.
 
I'm wondering though if I will find the right tooth combination...
universal blade hammer.png

I have sent Doug an email.
 
OOps :lol: :lol: :lol:
I can honestly say I have never seen a request for those before.
 
That blade should be fine, WZ stands for Wechsel Zahn (translates as changing tooth). They are really good allrounders in the saw, also on plywood, for heavy ripping I swap to a blade with less teeth and a heavier back to the tooth support. Faced boards need a different configuration blade of which there are a couple of varieties. I use Leitz, Freud, Stehle; Guhdo (I'm really pleased with these).
I would go for something with more teeth.
Have a look at the Freud with the 96 teeth.
 
I have a collection of different manufacturers saw blades. Omas. CMT and Freud all very good but have to say the OMAS is the best. They are also stocked by S&S
Ian
 
My CMT from them ...as recommended by Dan..arrived today.
 
How are you finding the blade, Roger? I think they’re just as good as the Silent Power blades that Felder sell.
 
Trevanion":34ws2qb7 said:
How are you finding the blade, Roger? I think they’re just as good as the Silent Power blades that Felder sell.

Seems pretty comparable, Dan. Thanks for the heads up.
 
Back
Top