• Hi all and welcome to TheWoodHaven2 brought into the 21st Century, kicking and screaming! We all have Alasdair to thank for the vast bulk of the heavy lifting to get us here, no more so than me because he's taken away a huge burden of responsibility from my shoulders and brought us to this new shiny home, with all your previous content (hopefully) still intact! Please peruse and feed back. There is still plenty to do, like changing the colour scheme, adding the banner graphic, tweaking the odd setting here and there so I have added a new thread in the 'Technical Issues, Bugs and Feature Requests' forum for you to add any issues you find, any missing settings or just anything you'd like to see added/removed from the feature set that Xenforo offers. We will get to everything over the coming weeks so please be patient, but add anything at all to the thread I mention above and we promise to get to them over the next few days/weeks/months. In the meantime, please enjoy!

Salt and Pepper grinders

AndyP

Moderator
Staff member
Joined
Jul 22, 2014
Messages
14,413
Reaction score
1,968
Location
14860 Normandy, France
Both taken from the same cherry log despite the colour variation.

IMG_5145.jpeg

I spoke elsewhere about the internal dimensions. The salt grinder was made first and for the moment I will not enlarge.
IMG_5146.jpeg

The slight colour variation is an advantage when the grinders are on the shelf and the top is not visible. The slight variation in shape will help a blind person feel the difference.
 
How easy would it be to swap them over? I'm just thinking that the darker one might be better as a pepper grinder and the lighter one as salt, for a visual clue. Anyway, they're very nice.
 
The chief design authority, AKA MrsP, reckons we use less salt than pepper hence the salt grinder does not need to be enlarged. We will see which one empties first.
 
Back
Top