• Hi all and welcome to TheWoodHaven2 brought into the 21st Century, kicking and screaming! We all have Alasdair to thank for the vast bulk of the heavy lifting to get us here, no more so than me because he's taken away a huge burden of responsibility from my shoulders and brought us to this new shiny home, with all your previous content (hopefully) still intact! Please peruse and feed back. There is still plenty to do, like changing the colour scheme, adding the banner graphic, tweaking the odd setting here and there so I have added a new thread in the 'Technical Issues, Bugs and Feature Requests' forum for you to add any issues you find, any missing settings or just anything you'd like to see added/removed from the feature set that Xenforo offers. We will get to everything over the coming weeks so please be patient, but add anything at all to the thread I mention above and we promise to get to them over the next few days/weeks/months. In the meantime, please enjoy!

Templates for routing

Mike Jordan

Sapling
Reaction score
[attachment=0]IMG_20211105_092438193.jpg[/attachment
If you spend time making a template its good sense to put on the details.

Attachments

• IMG_20211105_092438193.jpg
    IMG_20211105_092438193.jpg
    246.9 KB · Views: 5,551
[attachment=0]image.jpeg[/attachmen

Even a criptic note can save the day,
I recently had to buy a new rube for a workshop light, to save another journey I bought a spare which is now stored in a safe place -- right next to the one I bought last time!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    200.5 KB · Views: 5,522
Didn’t have the foggiest two months ago, still don’t, took a while to make with nylon bushes strange angles etc, sure it was made in the last 4 years for some Oak saddle racks but when I fetched it out to make some more racks nothing fitted. A mystery.
76D97992-51AF-49F6-9215-D0AAB388760F.jpeg

Cabinetman":xsklwtaf said:
Didn’t have the foggiest two months ago, still don’t, took a while to make with nylon bushes strange angles etc, sure it was made in the last 4 years for some Oak saddle racks but when I fetched it out to make some more racks nothing fitted. A mystery.

LOL...glad it's not just me!

Cabinetman":2boc3qfy said:
Nice jig, mind.

I have one somewhere. I know it's a hinge jig for door casings, and it's in helpfully slidy MFC, with instructions on it in (originally) blue marker, but I am blowed if I can remember how I intended it to work.

There are a couple of bits of ply put together that in my infinate wisdom I wrote jig on. It's been kicking about for years, I have absolutely no idea what it's for so it must be really important. Everyone I see it I think mustn't loose that. Im getting to the point where the best idea is to throw it away and see how long it takes to discover and realise what it was for.

attachment]image.jpeg
It's looking better now I've got rid of the ones I can't identify, but the collection still looks like an application for an arts council grant!
They all have a use with either the router or spindle moulder.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    209.8 KB · Views: 5,403
I just got rid of around 30 jigs that after 2 years of not being able to get in the wksp I had not a clue what they were for anymore. A couple of the big ones are now being repurposed for shelves in my new wall tool cabinets. One jig actually gave me the 14 shelves I need for the new Sandpaper Till/cabinet. :shock:

66937908-6064-46F4-B3CA-97CB2030BDBA.jpeg

This is just a method of further reducing the stuff hanging on the walls!
One template with different sizes of insert. It’s allowed me to dispose of two large spindle moulder templates.

Back