Blackswanwood
Old Oak
I have had a little win on the horses today. Before my wife finds out :lol: I am going to invest in a trim router. Does anyone have any recommendations please?
9fingers":37z3qnyo said:Katsu do a range of tools reckoned to be makita knock offs. I've not used/seen the trim router but I borrowed their die grinder from a mate and was very impressed by the quality and the prices and I'm picky about power tools! Your windfall might go twice as far.
Bob
Pete Maddex":2vrcc39t said:9fingers":2vrcc39t said:Katsu do a range of tools reckoned to be makita knock offs. I've not used/seen the trim router but I borrowed their die grinder from a mate and was very impressed by the quality and the prices and I'm picky about power tools! Your windfall might go twice as far.
Bob
I have the katsu one it’s performed perfectly so far, I bought the one with the 3 bases.
Pete
9fingers":nx3gzuon said:Pete Maddex":nx3gzuon said:9fingers":nx3gzuon said:Katsu do a range of tools reckoned to be makita knock offs. I've not used/seen the trim router but I borrowed their die grinder from a mate and was very impressed by the quality and the prices and I'm picky about power tools! Your windfall might go twice as far.
Bob
I have the katsu one it’s performed perfectly so far, I bought the one with the 3 bases.
Pete
I think that if/when my much beloved Bosch POF500 bites the dust, I'll go for the Katsu assuming they are still around.
Bob
Eric the Viking":2soamusq said:I have no idea what's wrong with the geometry but both do it, I've tried all sorts of lubricants down the years on the bars, and nothing works consistently. The plunge bars each go through single bronze bushings, 20-30mm deep.
If anybody has a bright idea, I'm all ears.
Eric the Viking":2soamusq said:But they're an old design, so unlikely to be available new any more. I think the Trend T4 was based on them, but apparently it's chalk+cheese in quality terms (I considered a T4 as a functional replacement - reviews put me off).
Anyone else think Trend has rather lost the plot with the T10/T11 replacements?