• Hi all and welcome to TheWoodHaven2 brought into the 21st Century, kicking and screaming! We all have Alasdair to thank for the vast bulk of the heavy lifting to get us here, no more so than me because he's taken away a huge burden of responsibility from my shoulders and brought us to this new shiny home, with all your previous content (hopefully) still intact! Please peruse and feed back. There is still plenty to do, like changing the colour scheme, adding the banner graphic, tweaking the odd setting here and there so I have added a new thread in the 'Technical Issues, Bugs and Feature Requests' forum for you to add any issues you find, any missing settings or just anything you'd like to see added/removed from the feature set that Xenforo offers. We will get to everything over the coming weeks so please be patient, but add anything at all to the thread I mention above and we promise to get to them over the next few days/weeks/months. In the meantime, please enjoy!

Steve Maskery's Bandsaw Videos

Andy Kev.

Nordic Pine
Joined
Jan 4, 2021
Messages
718
Reaction score
59
I recently started a thread entitled "I hate my bandsaw" (see below) because I was having difficulties with mine. Steve Maskery's Videos on the subject were recommended to me and I got a set from him. You need to understand that I am not particularly interested in machines but do appreciate the value of them and as long as I don't have to do a PhD in engineering, I'm happy to use them on an as and when basis, so this is not written from the point of view of a machine using woodworker (Bailey planes being quite complex enough for me).

Steve's DVDs are a set of three. I'm only really interested in the first one i.e. how to get the thing working correctly and efficiently. One day I'll have a more careful look at parts II and III but at the moment I'd probably find learning astrophysics to be more up my street. So this is really all about Vol I.

The short and sweet verdict: if you've just bought a bandsaw and are inexperienced in the use of bandsaws, get these DVDs. All your questions will be answered (including the questions you didn't know you had) and away you'll go.

The slightly more involved verdict: this is extremely well-produced teaching material. The explanations of what you need to do and why you need to do it are models of clarity. Mr. M is clearly a master in his field and he is a very good instructor. I couldn't find a fault with this presentation and it has demystified the bandsaw for me.

It's harder to review something which hits the button than it is to review something which has faults. I can't really say more than 10 out of 10 and thanks Steve.
 
Well said that man
And isn't it nice to know that, if you ever did come up with a question that Steve hadn't already answered in the videos, he'd answer it on here.
 
Back
Top